INCA is the global leader in advancing the specialty of nurse coaching and assimilating nurse coaching core values into nursing practice.
Reasons to Become a Nurse Coach with INCA:
- Our award-winning textbook, Nurse Coaching: Integrative Approaches for Lifestyle Health and Wellbeing, is being used across the globe.
- Our validated assessment tool, the Integrative Health & Wellness Assessment™, assesses the whole person and provides reflective opportunities for growth.
- Our published mid-range Theory of Integrative Nurse Coaching guides professional nurse coaching practice.
- Our advanced degree board certified nurse coach scholars & visionaries are at the forefront of the health and wellness movement, and have spearheaded critical initiatives, such as petitioning and gaining approval from the American Medical Association for the use of coaching CPT® codes.
In a nutshell:
INCA’s founders are the pioneers of Nurse Coaching and conceptualized and actualized the model (not to mention wrote the award-winning textbook!).
We provide Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners with a powerful, holistic, innovative, and in-depth Integrative Nurse Coaching education that fully embraces the richness of what they bring to this role.
Our faculty members are Integrative Nurse Coach experts, leaders and pioneers in the growing integrative health and wellness field of nurse coaching. They have been instrumental in moving Nurse Coach Board Certification forward, and lecture worldwide on environmental health, nutrition, and global nursing.
At the completion of Part 1: Foundations AND Part 2: Practicum, you will join our graduate Integrative Nurse Coaches with the option to sit for two board certification exams (Holistic Nursing and Nurse Coaching) through the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation. Note: if you do not wish to take the full program, you can take either part as a standalone!
Why Choose INCA as your Nurse Coach program of choice?
INCA was founded by nursing legends Barbara Dossey and Susan Luck. Both these women are visionaries in why and how nurses are the ultimate health care provider to help transform healthcare into a focus on health and wellness, not just a disease orientation. Karen Avino joined INCA and brought decades of higher education experience teaching and practicing Holistic Nursing and Coaching. INCA programs are continually being updated with the latest information to meet the needs of Nurse Coaches globally.
INCA was created with the vision of educating, preparing and supporting Nurse Coaches to assist individuals, groups and communities in realizing their greatest health goals by creating change in lifestyle behaviors for health promotion and chronic disease management. The Integrative Nurse Coach views people as integrated whole beings, honoring and emphasizing each person’s unique history, culture, beliefs, and story as influenced by internal and external environments. Nurse Coaches use holistic principles and integrative modalities while respecting all beliefs and cultural practices that are an essential component of healing, health, and well-being.
INCA is the REAL DEAL
Do not be fooled by copycat programs that have not earned any validity.
The Integrative Nurse Coach Academy | International Nurse Coach Association is recognized for the evolution of Nurse Coaching by authoring the most recognized:
Textbook: INCA developed the premier textbook being used worldwide, in universities and any quality Nurse Coach program. Nurse Coaching: Integrative Approaches for Health and Wellbeing, is the American Journal of Nursing’s Book of the Year in three categories, Community-Public Health Nursing, Nursing Management and Leadership, and Nursing Education/Continuing Education.
Dossey, B.M., Luck, S., & Schaub, B. G. (2015). Nurse Coaching: Integrative Approaches for Health and Wellbeing. International Nurse Coach Association: North Miami, FL.
Theory: The Theory of Integrative Nurse Coaching (TINC) is an organizing framework mid-range theory thatguides the practice, education, research, and healthcare policy of Integrative Nurse Coaches.
Assessment Tool: The Integrative Health & Wellness Assessment is a self-assessment to create awareness of 8 vital components of self that are interwoven and constantly interacting. INCA provides access and use of the tool to its graduates.
Nurse Coach Scope and Competencies: INCA was an initiator in the development of these.
Southard, M.E., Dossey, B., Bark, L., & Schaub, B. G. (2020). The Art and Science of Nurse Coaching: The Provider’s Guide to Coaching Scope and Competencies, (2nd Ed). Nursesbooks.org: Silver Springs: MD. Available
Textbook on Holistic Nursing is the focus of the philosophy of Nurse Coach practice. Barbara Dossey began and wrote the book on Holistic Nursing with others for the past 25 years! Our Director of Education, Karen Avino is now an editor and author of the past 2 editions continuing the tradition of INCA involvement in the development and direction of the profession.
Helming, M., Shields, D., Avino, K., & Rosa, W. (2022). Dossey and Keegan’s Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning
INCA is recognized for its premier program providing supervision by practicing board-certified, Integrative Nurse Coach experts.
The Integrative Nurse Coach Certificate Program (INCCP) has graduated and provides connection to over 1,400 Integrative Nurse Coaches across 15 countries. This six-month, 96 contact hour program online provides all the content and clinical coaching hours required to sit for Nurse Coach (NC-BC) and Holistic Nurse (HN-BC) board certification through the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) and provides:
- Small group supervision groups to establish deep guidance and lasting relationships
- Peer to Peer Coaching practice in a safe space before you begin coaching actual clients
- Business Planning to begin your Integrative Nurse Coach practice
- FREE Certification exam review program
- Enrollment into a FREE Alumni Connection Course for up-to-date resources
Our Industry Leading Programs Include:
- Integrative Nurse Coach™ Certificate Program - inursecoach.com/inccp
- The Business of Nurse Coaching - inursecoach.com/biz
- Cannabis Nurse Certificate Program - inursecoach.com/cncp
- Reimagining the End Of Life - inursecoach.com/eol
- Functional Medicine for Nurses - inursecoach.com/fm4n
- Mindfulness Meditation & Stillness Practices for Nurses - inursecoach.com/stillness